Wednesday 19 February 2014

Learning to Model : Day 3



Day 3
Texturing.
So today is my favourite part of modelling, the painting. Putting colour to a character always seems to make them jump off the page. I had forgotten every part of uv-ing, or so I thought until I started watching the tutorial and it all came flooding back. My uv-ing was horribly messy and the perfectionist in me is realising more and more as this process happens that I will definitely be redoing King Konglish because the learning curve has been so steep. I want to get all the mistakes out of the way so I can do it properly.
My concept for this character and the short is really simplistic, Pocoyo like colours so I only needed to block colour him in but it was still really fun to get back into painting and uv-ing.


No comments: